MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL error: 1153
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Have 2 Problems Smile
Ive start to use again MyBB (i Love It Shy )
But i can't find where Ive read about MyBB Changes about MysQl Data Base..
So,I Ask Here: Will MyBB Stop using MySQL 4 ? Is So..What We Can Do (server of my site use this version and they won't change it)?

2.MySQL error: 1153
When i Insert a HUGE Text i get this error (Note: is a fresh MyBB Install - last version ,Installed today Big Grin )

MySQL error: 1153
Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
Query: SELECT p.pid FROM mybb_posts p WHERE p.uid='1' AND p.tid='2' AND p.subject='RE: eyururt6ututu' AND p.message='forum\r\n\r\n* Search\r\n* Member List\r\n* Calendar\r\n* Help\r\n\r\nCurrent time: 01-12-2008, 04:11 AM Welcome back, azd. You last visited: Today, 03:46 AM (User CP — Admin CP — Log Out)\r\nOpen Buddy List View New Posts | View Today\'s Posts | Private Messages (New 0, Unread 0, Total 0)\r\n\r\nforum / My Category / My Forum / eyururt6ututu\r\n\r\nPost Reply Post Thread\r\nThreaded Mode | Linear Mode\r\neyururt6ututu\r\nAuthor Message\r\nazd\r\nAdministrator\r\n*******\r\n\r\n\r\nPosts: 5\r\nGroup: Administrators\r\nJoined: Jan 2008\r\nStatus: Online\r\nReputation: 0\r\n\r\nPost: #1 |\r\neyururt6ututu\r\n\r\HERE THE HUGE TEXT (:p Huge can mean Long Text Smile )
FYI, the MySQL error basically means your host has placed a limit on what MySQL can handle, which seems to be restricting MyBB from operating properly.
You can limit the maximum acceptable post size in the AdminCP to prevent these issues.
Ok,Thanks For The Advice (Thanks To Both Of you)
==Oh It was PHP 5 Not Mysql Toungue == Anyway Good Info,I still can use MyBB !!!!