MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: God,why this!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just made a very big mistake.my firend prune members with o psot and about 30 of my few members were gone.what should i do to recovwer this back please help.
If you have a backup of the mybb_users table you can restore them, else they are gone forever. They need to register again. And try to do something about your 'threadtitles' ...
i would just post a notice for them to register again.i am sorry if my thread title is not suitable.
If they had no posts then were they really active members that you want? The entire point of a prune is to get rid of inactive members.
labrocca Wrote:If they had no posts then were they really active members that you want? The entire point of a prune is to get rid of inactive members.

Believe it or not, a lot of forum owners never prune their members due to the fact that it makes their forums seem more popular.

It's a ridiculous idea, but hey, to each his own. Toungue
I don't believe in pruning members, as, if they took the time to bother registering, I don't see the reason why they should be deprived of an account.

I don't place "lame" restrictions on my board either, so I don't get a lot of registered members. If I wanted my forums to look big, there's plenty of dodgey methods I could impose - ie hiding forum posts from guests.
I used to disable guests downloading attachments, however, I got around 50 registrations per day, most of the accounts "useless". Now I enable guests to download attachments, and only get around 10 registrations per day. I believe this is a much better method for "removing" unnecessary accounts.
professorskylolo Wrote:i just made a very big mistake.my firend prune members with o psot and about 30 of my few members were gone.what should i do to recovwer this back please help.

If you have a paid host, you may be able to request a back-up. Some hosts go by 1 day, 2day or 1 week for back-ups... I can with mine anyhow. Some hosts also charge for this service btw, but at least you get your site restored to the correct previous status.
guys,i ahve decide to forget about the members i pruned bcos they have never offer anything to the forum and secondly they are not from Jos.