MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Birthday Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want that the Birthday field must be filled in during registration.

How can I do that ?

Thanks Smile
This is kind of an invasion of privacy no?

Anyway, to do it, you'll have to edit member.php, find the register page, add the field, add the code to check the feild is filled in, the perhaps edit the template.
not really its one way to comply with coppa(sp?)
Well, not exact BD since its privaliged information or something. The last time I checked, COPPA is like "are you < 13 or > 13".
well it's not an invasion of privacy because noone is forcing you to join the board.....it's your choice....either your give it willingly or you don't join the board...

just my 0.02 cents....

cheers,
Kimmo
yeah i whould like that too. like the require option in the custom profile fields to have the same for the age. How to do it
k776 Wrote:Well, not exact BD since its privaliged information or something. The last time I checked, COPPA is like "are you < 13 or > 13".

I just do what GameFAQs does and put "You, also, agree that you are older than, or exactly, 13 years old. If you are younger than 13, you can not register at this site. Any persons under 13 will be banned. " in the registration agreement. As long as you ban anyone that says they are under 13, you should be safe with the COPPA.

Edit: Indeed, just checked online and found this:
Quote:If you operate a commercial Web site or an online service directed to children under 13 that collects personal information from children or if you operate a general audience Web site and have actual knowledge that you are collecting personal information from children, you must comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.