MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: someone joined my forum, can i stop them from viewing..posting..etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
someone joined my forum, can i stop them from viewing..posting..etc
They didn't use their real name as instructed. Other than banning them what can I do?
Well, 1st you can Give them a warning PM saying use real name!!!
if don't work then make a new group! such as called "Liers" and in permission of group select as that group can't post, review any thing! once group is made! Just move all of that user to the group liers from "registered members" Easy????

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:Well, 1st you can Give them a warning PM saying use real name!!!
if don't work then make a new group! such as called "Liers" and in permission of group select as that group can't post, review any thing! once group is made! Just move all of that user to the group liers from "registered members" Easy????

FAISAL!

Y a i will try, but isn't there a group I can put them in already that is the same thing...like maybe ...put them into....."awaiting registration" ?
by the way, I created a new user group . Is this how i move them to the new user group I made.......>>Control Panel ยป User Management >>Edit User Account >> PRimary User Group >>Liars ?/?
YA! but it depends on the permission of your forum! i mean when you were making the forums! did you allow access of Awaiting activation group?????
IF yes then they will still have the access as a user awaiting activation!
IF no! then it's OK! you can do it also!

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:YA! but it depends on the permission of your forum! i mean when you were making the forums! did you allow access of Awaiting activation group?????
IF yes then they will still have the access as a user awaiting activation!
IF no! then it's OK! you can do it also!

FAISAL!

many thanks....have good day !