MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Only show a forum to Admin + Supermods?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i want to show the forum 'Crew only' only to my Crew, but now the normal visitors can see this forum too, they just can't enter it. So I want only the admin + supermods to see this forum. Is there a code modification for this?

thnx Smile
theres a post somewhere on here but go into your admin cp then manage forums click forums permissions and choose that forum, start with nonreg and work your way up choose the second radio button the use the topions below theres a choice in there about viewing
No need, go to:

ACP -> Board Settings -> Forum Home Options -> Hide Private Forums? -> yes

Now go to:

ACP -> Maintanance -> Cache Manager -> forumpermissions -> Rebuild Cache

Now log out of your forum and refresh the forums. You should be able to not view the forum. If not, then look at your forum permissions again and re-set them if you have to. (If you did change the forum permissions, do the above step with rebuilding the cache after you're done)
I did it a little differently on my board.....basically just created a forum and then set the group-rights that no other groups than my chosen ones (ie admin, mods, supermods and one of my custom-groups) have any rights to that forum... So went to Forum permissions....then select one group at the time and de-select any and all rights they might have...including the one 'Can view forum'.

Cheers,
kimmo
It worked Smile That hide private option thingie Toungue Thnx Big Grin