MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTalk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my forum. I got quite a few plugins installed. I used my Myspace Profile Mod for the profile pages. I couldn't stick with one topicRolleyes. It has a forum for people to just talk, homework help (yes i am a teen), a forum for development such as html, php, and my plugins and mods(new), and BBCode tutorials for the newbs. It uses a few simple variations of the default theme (mostly because free host won't allow ftp and themes have a lot of files to upload three at a time). It's a new forum so it's mostly empty of users, threads, and posts. Hopefully, people can change that Big Grin! I going for something fun, beyond an actual forum. Hope everyone likes it!
Quote:I going for something fun, beyond an actual forum

Could you elaborate on that statement, as in why does it go "beyond an actual forum"?

My reason for asking, it looks pretty much like any other forum, I see nothing going "beyond an actual forum".

The theme looks nice, just needs it's own icons/buttons added to make it look that bit more original. Smile
I didn't want just a bulletin board. I wanted all the extras. I guess that kind of was an exaggerated statement, though. I did have the game section, butit kind of was buggy. I'm thinking about putting it back on there. Also, I know it is in desperate need of a more unique look. Workin' on that. I think the most obvious and major problem is it has only one other user other than myself (grandmod123 is just so I could test any mod functions when needed). That account was just created by zalaki to see a live preview of the Myspace profile mod. I am "hiring" for an actual mod once actual users start comin' along. I just don't understand how the other forums are getting so much traffic. I guess that there is so many forums out there, people don't need another. But, nonetheless, I am still going to at least keep running as a hobby. But, I know THOSE BUTTONS GOTTA GO! Thanx for the feedback.
Not a big fan of the falling snowflakes but everyone has their opinions :p It is very blue but good on the eyes and a nice forum. I suggest more boards and more topics Smile
I don't like the snow either! But, I'm leaving it there all winter so unregistered users will get annoyed and register! Snow is disabled when you login. It says so on the welcome box. Do you think this is a good way to get people to register. If so, leaves are gonna fall this autumn Toungue!

EDIT: Also, it does need new boards and topics really bad, but there are NO users! The bluish theme is just for winter until I get done with a default theme. I have slight variations of default, but not much of graphic designer Sad! I want to get the default theme ready before spring.
Quote:But, I'm leaving it there all winter so unregistered users will get annoyed and register!

Or they may never return.
Time to ditch the snow imho.
Having the snow in the first place may be a turn off to the potential member, that may not want to mess with it. But that is entirely up to you Smile
That's the reason I asked whether "the people" like that.
I'll get rid of it. (I never liked it personally anyone)
THE SNOW IS GONE! Now it just needs the most important component.....
USERS!!!!!! If it had more users, I would maintain better. The only visitors are ME, ME, and....... Oh, Yeah... ME! Except for Zalaki, but he just wanted to see the Myspace profile mod. And how the profiles looked with it applied. And yes, it does still have the mybb type interface (header/footer usual) but that's off subject..... I think. Really, though, this is the most userless website in the history of the computer world. PLEASE, be members!

This is a sign of complete desperation and determination. Better respond Big Grin!

Default theme coming soon....
The winter theme will work until spring.

What does every one else think?
Light theme or dark theme? (As default)
I say light theme personally. I am not to big on that dark one. It kind of makes the logo look like I designed it...sort of cheap...

But its a plus that the snow is gone because I hate snow and it makes me wanna cry when I see it Sad :p
Pages: 1 2