MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New upgrade from 2.x instruction question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The instructions after d/l'ing and unzipping say to..... # Using an ftp client (FlashFXP), upload the contents of the 'upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following files:

./inc/config.php
./inc/settings.php
# In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/upgrade.php on to the end of it.

Shouldn't it also say to exclude the plug-ins directory too if you have plug-ins installed seeing as the ftp client will overwrite the entire directory?

I am in the middle of this and am hesitant to proceed not knowing if my assumption is accurate and will end up needing me to re-install and re-configure the plug-ins, or if that it is something that is addressed in the on-site install process, I know it is a Sunday but could some one please answer promptly so I am not caught in between projects and lose allot of work? You are usually very helpful, and no one will know better than you!

Thanks so much, it is appreciated,

TSG!
The FTP client should not clear the directory, when replacing directories, it should add any new files and not remove any old ones. In short, your plugins directory is safe.
Yeah you were right....thanks, but I think you can understand my intrepidation having gone through similar upgrades of software where such an assumption was a catastrophe LOL!

I want to learn PHP/MySQL, aside from the obvious w3c schools which are kind of more for a reference purpose, than and instructional tutorial, where as they give you form, function, syntax, and interactive examples, there is no pulling it all together area, to get a scope of true application of what is possible using these tutorials, if you will, and was wondering what you suggest as a start in the way of more comprehensive, online tutorial, instructional sites (low price or free) and books that an intermediate web page coder of html and wet feet .css user, can benefit from and become a functional user of PHP/MySQL. AS I understand it, and the purpose of my learning these, if this is right, is to put together an administrative interface for putting web pages together with the minimal of needed coding after all your base modules? templates? style sheets? are written> am I getting this right?!

Thanks for the answer, and anything you can offer on my most recent inquiry is appreciated very much!

TSG!
In any case you should have already backed up your files and database before proceeding with the upgrade Wink
I did actually....thanks!

TSG!