MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discover Europe Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just opened my first forum and site ever Discover Europe Talk. Board focused not only on Europe. Forum where you can talk abut anything (some folders: News, Business, Food & Drink, Computers, Travel, Sports, Humor & Jokes, Fashion, Relationships & Sexuality...) Smile

Please some comments Wink
I would recommend going with full color images of European scenery. You have a collage type header graphic, which is a good idea, but the blue hue to it all is bad implementation of the good idea.

Perhaps some small images next to each forum category would work well with your European themed site. Maybe have some images along the left and right sides.

Maps are always interesting conversation pieces, so try to work a few maps in somewhere on the site - some really nice looking ones. Europe is the "Old World," so to speak, so there's a lot of history to draw upon, which should serve you well, when you look for maps.

You also might want to think in terms of different eras in time, to build your site's overall visual appeal upon. Europe conjures up thoughts about style, fashion, and lots of symbolism. I would suggest incorporating a number of famous symbols associated with Europe in various ways, ranging from the Illuminati to the Euro. Europe is also very cosmopolitan, and very quaint, at the same time.

When people load your site in their web browser, help them to "feel" a little bit of Europe with each visit.

For the long term, consider developing multiple themes, with each focusing upon a different country, region, or span of time.
May I ask why you would talk about Hollywood on a Europe forum? Toungue
Nice logo and theme, very good on the eyes. Great forum you have going there Smile
Dear Shawn, glad you like it Smile

Audention, you didn´t read my first post as I said "Board focused not only on Europe" and also how many European actors bacame famous in Hollywood Toungue

GrimFinger, you have some great ideas. Honestly I´m not a graphic designer,I´m almost new in this tech and graphic things. This site is my first one and the logo is second one I´ve ever made. I downloaded the graphic editor GIMP 2 months ago and started learning. Before I used to use the free version Photo Filtre where I made my very first logo.
I would made the logo fully colored but the only problem is the pictures I used for it. I downloaded them from different websites and every pic has different colour shade. That´s why I decolorized them and then made the logo blue. I choose blue as I love it and also blue is the color of Europe.
I think I would make the theme, logo and everything else better but it will be after at least one year as I still need to learn in these tech and graphic things. I will see what I can do more. Smile
nunulka Wrote:GrimFinger, you have some great ideas. Honestly I´m not a graphic designer,I´m almost new in this tech and graphic things. This site is my first one and the logo is second one I´ve ever made. I downloaded the graphic editor GIMP 2 months ago and started learning. Before I used to use the free version Photo Filtre where I made my very first logo.

I suck at graphics, myself, so I can sympathize. That said, there are many public domain photos of places in Europe that you could use. Europe has a plethora of interesting scenery to choose from, for your site's image needs.

Also, I use the free version of Photo Filtre on a near-daily basis. I have the GIMP, but rarely ever use it, even though it is more capable than the free version of Photo Filtre.

nunulka Wrote:I would made the logo fully colored but the only problem is the pictures I used for it. I downloaded them from different websites and every pic has different colour shade. That´s why I decolorized them and then made the logo blue. I choose blue as I love it and also blue is the color of Europe.

I figured that that was why you chose blue as the color for your theme, but how about some flags and what not, images of the Euro symbol and the like? The European Union flag is blue, isn't it? zI can't believe that you don't have that on display in a prominent location.

nunulka Wrote:I think I would make the theme, logo and everything else better but it will be after at least one year as I still need to learn in these tech and graphic things. I will see what I can do more. Smile

A year? Ack! Boo!! Bad decision there, for sure.