MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, love the mybb, I was using joomla with smf and I found it to much like hard to work, so I thought I would have a change and came across mybb and thought just how loveley the look was.

I have set up my site and using the portal built in, here is the link to my site http://www.xtreme-frags.co.uk

I have my own server box running css servers and run game stats, how would I go about getting the stats page inside the portal a little like an iframe which I don't have a clue at the moment on how to do this.

If there is anybody that could help me out, I woud be very greatful.
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify / Delete --> *expand your template set* --> Portal Templates --> portal

Find:
{$announcements}
Before it, add:
<iframe src="yourstats.php" width="100%" height="300"></iframe>

Hi Dennis, thank you for that info, but sadly that is not what I am looking for as you have shown iframe within the portal, what I need is a link on top so I can click the stats page and it loads inside the portal if that makes sence.

Just like when you click on the forums from the portal it loads the forums within.
In portal.php, find:
eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");
Before that line, add:
if(isset($mybb->input['showstats']))
{
    $announcements = '<iframe src="yourstats.php" width="100%" height="700"></iframe>';
}

In the header template, add the link:

<a href="portal.php?showstats">Statistics</a>
Thank you very much for your help, it works great, Smile just a little thing left to do.

How do I go about adding some php code for my game query at the top of the news in portal just under the header so it's there all the time. just where important message plugin would announce.

Thx
Aslo do I just duplicate the info in portal.php for my map page like the stats.

Thx
Put your own PHP code before
eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");
Make sure that there is no output (i.e. no "echo" or "print") and that anything you want to print out is stored in a variable (the variable will be used in the template below.

Now edit the portal template, and add your {$variable} before
{$announcements}
What file do I put that eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");

Could'nt find it in portal.php
Could someone look at my site and tell me how to show two iframes side by side instead top and bottom

http://www.xtreme-frags.co.uk

Thx
Been having a little think, is it possible to move the game query to a side block instead, would anybody know how to do this.

Thx
M4GPR Wrote:What file do I put that eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");

Could'nt find it in portal.php

Yes it should be in portal.php, at the end of the file probably the second-last line (it might look similar if not exactly the same).

M4GPR Wrote:Could someone look at my site and tell me how to show two iframes side by side instead top and bottom

http://www.xtreme-frags.co.uk

Thx

Put them in a table
<table>
<tr>
<td>iframe 1</td>
<td>iframe 2</td>
</tr>
</table>
M4GPR Wrote:Been having a little think, is it possible to move the game query to a side block instead, would anybody know how to do this.

Thx

You'd need to edit the portal template. This is the code for a box:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>Box Title</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
Stuff inside box
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />

You can place it that code in the "portal" template before, after, or in between any of these:
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}

Also, please wait 24 hours until you bump your thread. If you need to add something to your thread please use the [Image: postbit_edit.gif] button.