MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unwanted Registrations!! This needs to stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running 1.2.9
I am getting hundreds od registrations from *@*.cn emails. So far about 250. Of course I have it set for Email Verification but its still a pain. How can I do a batch delete without having to delete them 1 by 1? Is there a CAPTKA available for registrations or some other way to stop this? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks for your help.
If they all come from the same host, you can ban the host.

Admin CP -> Board Settings -> Banning Option -> Ban by Email

And type the host.
they're not from the same host... -
*@*.cn , it's can be
[email protected]
[email protected]
Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> General Configuration --> CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting

That will enable CAPTCHA.
Captcha is enabled by default. You may have shut it off.

Also add .cn to your ban list for emails.

Lastly you can prune members with my plugin "prune members".

And update to lastest mybb version asap. There are security issues with your current version.
Thanks everyone. Yes, I had the Captcha turned off. That should help...
Labrocca, your mod doesn't do me any good as it says "Allows you to bulk delete inactive or zero post members." This is a HS Reunion board and many people have not posted. ALL the spam is coming form *@*.cn. Is there any way to do a search for ".cn" and bulk delete? Maybe a mod? I really hate to have to delete 200 by hand. There's gotta be an easier way....
You can try this query in phpMyAdmin: (Highly recommended you backup your database first)

DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE email LIKE '%@%.cn'

You can use inline thread moderation to remove the spam.