MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Akismet- cannot find where to place API key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I've recently gotten some spammers managing to register to my myBB forum and posting spam.

So, I've installed akismet, activated it on the plugins section, then went to change in search for the page to change the akismet settings and enter my API key (yes, I double checked that the plug in is active, and that all files are where they should be), but I cannot find it there.

There is no Akismet section on Change.

Aditionally, I went to the akismet page directly to attempt to enter the API key that way, but when loading it, all I got was "Akismet hasn't marked any posts as spam!" and still no settings for where to input the API key.

I'm a bit at a loss on what to do, can anyone help me find where to place the key? Or is it already included now or something?

I'm running 1.2.11, we upgraded recently.
Thank you!
I have the same problem as well. As far as I can tell, there's no link to the Akismet Settings (I've also checked Board Settings > Change because I expected it to be there).
It's in Board Settings -> Akismet
Hrm. I seem to still have troubles finding it. I don't see it anywhere.
I don't have a Board Settings -> Akismet
It's not under Board Settings -> Change -> Akismet, either
And I searched all over the different pages and it doesn't come up anywhere.

And as stated, when I try to access it 'directly' it seems like it's already installed as it asks me for nothing. Confused I'm at a loss.
Did you refresh the page?
I did, I refreshed the whole page, then hard-refreshed it, I even cleaned cache, closed window and reopened it just to make sure. :/
Sorry to ask but did you activate the plugin?
Yes, I did activate it, as I well said on the first post.
On the plugins page the button now shows to deactivate. I deactivated it and REactivated it again, and still not showing up.
It still doesn't work for me either. It's not under Board Settings and I obviously activated the plugin as well. :-\
Maybe it's clashing with another plug in? Because it's really the only thing I can think of. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3