MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB recognizing font Square721 BT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I would like to know if possibly, I could make MyBB recognize a new font without adding it to the font list when posting. I have tried to use "Square721 BT" but it doesn't work when I replace another font with it while as when I use for example another font such as "Cataneo BT" or "Palace Script MT", it works. And I would like to avoid to use HTML which works in this case because if I enable HTML for signatures, I enable it for all users and not one in particular.

Thank you!
The font viewable on a webpage is dependent on the fonts that are currently installed on the computer of the viewing visitor.

For example if you use Runic MT in your signature and you have that font installed it'll view as it should, but if someone viewing your signature doesn't have that font then it'll just revert to default.

That's how it was last time I checked. Toungue

I'm not entirely sure on how to do it so that they don't have to have the font installed in order to properly view it, if it's even possible.
It could be done server side using GD (that's what I do for my sig) but that really isn't feasible for general use like this.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:The font viewable on a webpage is dependent on the fonts that are currently installed on the computer of the viewing visitor.

For example if you use Runic MT in your signature and you have that font installed it'll view as it should, but if someone viewing your signature doesn't have that font then it'll just revert to default.

That's how it was last time I checked. Toungue

I'm not entirely sure on how to do it so that they don't have to have the font installed in order to properly view it, if it's even possible.

If so, it should be viewable because on other boards, I have my sig in "Square721 BT" but when I try to put it on my board, it doesn't work. That's why I'm asking around! And I would really like to have it in "Square721 BT".
MrDoom Wrote:It could be done server side using GD (that's what I do for my sig) but that really isn't feasible for general use like this.

What do you mean? I'm looking to do it for my own sig mostly. I could also use HTML which works perfectly but in that case, everyone else could use HTML and I would like to avoid that.
Test Calibri font

Calibri seems to work (only for those who have the font installed).

As Ryan said, only the people who have the font installed on their computer will see it.
DennisTT Wrote:Test Calibri font

Calibri seems to work (only for those who have the font installed).

As Ryan said, only the people who have the font installed on their computer will see it.

In that case, why can't I see it even if I have it installed?

What I don't understand is that when I add the font with an HTML code, it works but when I use the MyBB BB code, it doesn't.
Are you having the same problem as this: (the font tag is printed out on the page)

Test.

Try this modification:
In inc/class_parser.php, find
$standard_mycode['font']['regex'] = "#\[font=([a-z ]+?)\](.+?)\[/font\]#si";
Replace with:
$standard_mycode['font']['regex'] = "#\[font=([0-9a-z ]+?)\](.+?)\[/font\]#si";
DennisTT Wrote:Are you having the same problem as this: (the font tag is printed out on the page)

Test.

Try this modification:
In inc/class_parser.php, find
$standard_mycode['font']['regex'] = "#\[font=([a-z ]+?)\](.+?)\[/font\]#si";
Replace with:
$standard_mycode['font']['regex'] = "#\[font=([0-9a-z ]+?)\](.+?)\[/font\]#si";

Yes, that is it! My problem is that the font tags always printed out on the page!

But I have replaced the original font string with the one you gave me and it's working now.

Thank you very much for your help! [Image: icon_smile2.gif]
Glad we sorted it out Smile