MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Computer Usage problem!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have got a problem! i mean the problem is too small but big too!
Let me explain!

Before i had a Desktop computer and i used that! every! almost 9+ hours and on week end i use 15+ Every Day! as i use to see some entertainment movies, develop some software etc!!! websites etc!!!

But now i don't have my desktop any more!!! Sad i donated it to one of my cousin who needed it at that time!
Now i have notebook of Acer Aspire! but my MAM was saying me that you can't use your note book same as your computer i mean every day 10 hours and on week end 15+ hours! the laptop is not that much hard to bear that all weight on IT!

so now i want to know is is it true? i mean i can't use my laptop for that much long time! and if i use it for this much time and it had damage! what can be the maximum damage????? and WHY!

waiting for answer!

Faisal!
First off, no need for the big red text and the infinite number of question marks, one will do.

As for your question, Laptops can take abuse however, some designs have the cooling fans on the bottom which when in your lap, the device can get somewhat hot. Your calculations are completely wrong, if you use your computer for 10 hours a day their is no way it accumulates to 15 hours a week. 10 hours + 10 hours = 20 hours and that's only 2 days. More realistically you use your computer for 70+ hours a week. As for the laptop, when I'm at work I use it for 8 hours and sometimes 9 hours each day, so their should be no problem. However, this is how I use my laptop and my answer to your question. Each laptop is built differently so under any circumstance I will not be held liable for future problems or any misunderstandings or miscommunication of this post, it's up to your determination of using your laptop 10+ hours a day.
Best of Regards.
I've been using my Laptop 15+ hours a day since Friday, yes they can take it you just need to watch the heat doesn't build up too much.

I've had this Laptop a few years now and it's had heavy use and as such has eventually started to wear out so I'm going to be replacing it soon hopefully with a nice new gaming laptop Big Grin

This one shall retire it it's old age as my new SVN server. Laptops make decent servers in my opinion since they are quiet and use little power. Of course, they wouldn't work so well under high load.
MrDoom Wrote:I've been using my Laptop 15+ hours a day since Friday, yes they can take it you just need to watch the heat doesn't build up too much.

I've had this Laptop a few years now and it's had heavy use and as such has eventually started to wear out so I'm going to be replacing it soon hopefully with a nice new gaming laptop Big Grin

This one shall retire it it's old age as my new SVN server. Laptops make decent servers in my opinion since they are quiet and use little power. Of course, they wouldn't work so well under high load.

rcpalace Wrote:First off, no need for the big red text and the infinite number of question marks, one will do.

As for your question, Laptops can take abuse however, some designs have the cooling fans on the bottom which when in your lap, the device can get somewhat hot. Your calculations are completely wrong, if you use your computer for 10 hours a day their is no way it accumulates to 15 hours a week. 10 hours + 10 hours = 20 hours and that's only 2 days. More realistically you use your computer for 70+ hours a week. As for the laptop, when I'm at work I use it for 8 hours and sometimes 9 hours each day, so their should be no problem. However, this is how I use my laptop and my answer to your question. Each laptop is built differently so under any circumstance I will not be held liable for future problems or any misunderstandings or miscommunication of this post, it's up to your determination of using your laptop 10+ hours a day.
Best of Regards.

well! 1st of all i am very thankful to all of your answers!
well ya my laptop has a fan which switches on almost in every 20 mins! for a short while so it means it's OK!
well i won't make any hardwork on my machine! i just wanted to know that the Batter or Charger will be effected i mean i don't use my laptop with Battery! i mean direct power so the time i use my laptop in continue sly connects with the Electric City! N i use an external Mouse and Keyboard! and the laptop don't stay in my lap, it stays on the Table! Toungue
so now any special comment about my post, question???

FAISAL!
rcpalace Wrote:First off, no need for the big red text and the infinite number of question marks, one will do.

Best of Regards.

and well my calculation meant i use 10 hours laptop every day and when on week end i use 15 hours(Saturday and Sunday)~
MrDoom Wrote:I've been using my Laptop 15+ hours a day since Friday

Do you still have time to sleep? Toungue
That leaves me 9 hours, more than enough time for sleep Toungue
The one component on laptop computers of which i have found particularly prone to failure is the power cable. The wire fails at its various joints and needs to be replaced. This has been true for almost every laptop i have owned and inevitably leads to me covering my power cables with insulation tape (distinctly unsafe). Another problem I have encountered is the tendency of the monitors of the aspire range to give up and fall off the computer. So watch out, they're not indestructible.
I work in the computer field and go to school. I use my laptop on serves calls, at work, at school, etc. The only problem I find is your laptop battery's life can shorten much quicker.
Snake Wrote:I work in the computer field and go to school. I use my laptop on serves calls, at work, at school, etc. The only problem I find is your laptop battery's life can shorten much quicker.

well for this i have got the solution! i use my computer direct of AC Power! i don't Plug in battery! how is it???

FAISAL!
Good, using a Laptop from the AC while the battery is in it can cause excess heat. Just remember that you do need to fully charge the battery and let it deplete fully every so often otherwise it will die anyway.
Pages: 1 2