MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Filename issue for Downloads Section Mod.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two issues regarding the download section mod were recently brought to my attention.

1. There is no way to disable moderation of the downloads from what I can see, an option to disable moderation is greatly needed.

2. Files that are uploaded to the download section don't retain the original file name, and are instead renamed to something weird such as a weird letter/number combination.

Is there a way to modify the plugin to add an option to disable moderation of downloads and make uploads/downloads retain their original filename when uploaded?

Thanks if anyone can help me.Smile
Still seeking help regarding these issues, thanks if anyone can help.Smile
Moderation of submissions can be disabled for individual categories by editing the appropriate download categories in the admin cp.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to disable the file renaming in the current version, however this is something that will be improved for the next version.
Musicalmidget Wrote:Moderation of submissions can be disabled for individual categories by editing the appropriate download categories in the admin cp.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to disable the file renaming in the current version, however this is something that will be improved for the next version.

Ok thanks. I apologize for getting back so late to this thread as I've been busy.

I'll have to inform my members nothing can be done about the renaming at this time but I can disable moderation of submitted downloads. Smile