MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB2 to myBB convertor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Since IPB2 isn't free anymore I decided to convert zanmagazine.nl to myBB.
Seeing the amount of requests I decided to release my beta converter.
This convert works for 90%, a few things are left to fix.

1. Amount Post/topics (statics) which are shown in the forums aren't correct
(this can easily be fixed, i'll release a fixscript l8r)
2. Passwords can't be converted, that's why all users need to request a new password (lost password procedure)
3. Some codes like quote/code might not be converted 100% right.

note: Just send out an e-mail to all users in which you tell them how to retrieve their passwords.
note 2: Since i'm no beta tester or smth I've only tested this with release 4. So hope the gold release doesn't screws things up Toungue
GREAT WORK! Big Grin
I don't think IPB2 was ever free...
TNX man' but does it work on IPB 1.3 ?
Good job on the converter Falcon4ever Smile. I'll try it on one my ipb forums.

hey Wrote:I don't think IPB2 was ever free...

1.3 & 2.0.0 final were the last one you could upgrade to before did that major change over.

Kakashi Wrote:TNX man' but does it work on IPB 1.3 ?

I don't think so. Maybe Falcon4ever will make a 1.3 converter if you give Falcon4ever a copy of the database.
marcgo15 Wrote:Good job on the converter Falcon4ever Smile. I'll try it on one my ipb forums.

hey Wrote:I don't think IPB2 was ever free...

1.3 & 2.0.0 final were the last one you could upgrade to before did that major change over.

I don't think so. Maybe Falcon4ever will make a 1.3 converter if you give Falcon4ever a copy of the database.

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!!!
please make 1 for 1.3.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????
why cant passwords be converted ?
Konstantinos Wrote:why cant passwords be converted ?

It has to do with the way they have their password system setup, I forget what system IPB uses. IPB passwords can't be carried over because it would involve modifying the MyBB database.
The passwords can't be converted since they use a different encryption technique. They do a md5 hash of the password and a "salt" (time based).

Nopes thisone doesn't works on 1.3 ofcourse maybe in future i'll make a converter for 1.3 too
(some of you might have noticed i'm using ipb1.3 final as backend for falcon4ever.com, still need to upgrade it too Toungue)

marcgo15: Is there some dev which I could contact about changes in the gold release? (Just wanna make sure this converter is going to work for the gold version too. Perhaps one of the dev's could test it)
Falcon4ever Wrote:The passwords can't be converted since they use a different encryption technique. They do a md5 hash of the password and a "salt" (time based).

Nopes thisone doesn't works on 1.3 ofcourse maybe in future i'll make a converter for 1.3 too
(some of you might have noticed i'm using ipb1.3 final as backend for falcon4ever.com, still need to upgrade it too Toungue)

marcgo15: Is there some dev which I could contact about changes in the gold release? (Just wanna make sure this converter is going to work for the gold version too. Perhaps one of the dev's could test it)

I plan on converting my IPB2 forum to RC4 to Gold. If the database dies I'll be sure to let you know Wink. I have to talk to the devs about converters anyways, so I'll pass this along to them.
Pages: 1 2 3