MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Secondary Usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If i set permissions on a forum so that a secondary usergroup can enter a forum but the primary can't... Does this still allow the user entry into the forum?

If it means they can't access the forum still because their primary usergroup doesn't have permissions, how do i get around this?

I'm trying to find the easiest way to set up access rights for a 18+ forum... It's just one forum out of say 20... Seems silly to move people into an entirely new usergroup just for one forum lol..

I hope this makes sense... It's not been easy trying to explain it hehe Wink
You want a user to be in two groups right? But if group one can't see the 18+ forum and they're in that group as well. You want it so they can see it regardless?

I'm having that problem too!! Toungue
I've set up the forums where everyone can see all the forums whether they are able to enter or not... I have passwords on it with the Group Bypass plugin... The problem is, it seems like secondary group "18+" still can't enter a forum because "Registered" usergroup can't lol... I need them to be able to access the forum if they are in the secondary usergroup...

I think i'm confusing even myself with this one LOL
Make sure you set permissions for all groups on that specific forum (the forum permissions). Yes permission overrides no permission.
This is my permissions for the Adults Only forum...
[attachment=8444]
So i should be able to enter if my secondary group is 18+, even tho my primary group does not have permission? So why is it saying i don't have permission when i try to enter?

Can anyone see something i've done wrong with the permissions? I have rebuilt cache and everything but still no change...

Edit: Just to also point out, if i put the member into 18+ as primary the forum allows them to enter...
Note:
Yes overrides No, and Yes/No overrides Default.

(I actually had a similar issue)
In other words, you MUST set permissions for the secondary usergroup - just go to AdminCP -> Forums -> Permissions, select the forum and 2ndary usergroup, and choose Use Custom Permissions, then submit the form.

What's happening is that, by default, your secondary usergroup may have access, however, you haven't set it in the forum permissions, so the set primary access rights override the default ones.
Yep, that worked. Thanks again ZiNga Smile