MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parental CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have a totally separate control panel for parents. I am starting a social forum, so I want parents to be able to monitor their child's posts and activities on the site. I did create a new user group for parents with partial admin permissions. But, I want them to have separate control panel and only search for users and monitor posts. Should be able to search for user by email. Is this possible? Hope this is right forum to post this in. Sorry, if it's not.
I think this was the wrong forum to ask 'bout this. I'll take it to the Mod & Plugin Requests. Sorry bout that.
I entered this in the Ideas list, but does anyone think they can make a control panel for parents to monitor children on a social chit-chat forum. I am starting such a forum and I don't want it becoming anything like those big name websites that are being abused with bad content such as youtube and myspace. So, is it possible to make a parental cp? I already set up a usergroup called "Parents" that has partial admin permissions. But, I don't want them to be on admin cp AT ALL or have admin permissions. Need separate cp similar to user cp but more like a monitoring type thing with uids, activity logs, latest threads/posts and so on of the children and a list similar to way buddy list is set up but for adding children to the monitoring list. Probably, really big job.
Thats more or less a Moderator Control Panel, which is too big for a modification, but it is included in MyBB 1.4