MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a novice Linux user highly GUI reliant.

I'd like to run MyBB on my own RHL/Apache server. Can anyone tell me what version and config of MySQL server is necessary?

There doesn't seem to be much documentation in this regard.

Thanks
tdolan Wrote:I'm a novice Linux user highly GUI reliant.

I'd like to run MyBB on my own RHL/Apache server. Can anyone tell me what version and config of MySQL server is necessary?

There doesn't seem to be much documentation in this regard.

Thanks

PHP 4.3.x
MySQL 4.0.24

Those seem to run the best with MyBB at this time.
THANKS!!

Now does the Mybb installation create or configure the MySQL schema/tables? Or do I need to do something?

tdolan Wrote:THANKS!!

Now does the Mybb installation create or configure the MySQL schema/tables? Or do I need to do something?

In the inc folder make sure the permissions are 777 on settings.php and config.php

After that run the install. Yes the installer will add the tables needed to power MyBB.

Marc

I removed all the RHL E3 MySQL packages that installed when I installed Linux. Then I downloaded and installed the current MySQL-server, MySQL-client and MySQL-administrator.

Once I connected to MYSQL and created a mybb schema the mybb installation worked like a champ.

I'm up and running!!!

THANKS!!!

TD