MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Insert Pokemon plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello plugin people.
I would like to know if a plug-in could create a variation of the "insert image button" tool (when you post a message). The goal of the new button would be to allow posters to quickly/easily insert a thunbnail of a Pokemon card into their posts. which would link to Pokemon card image stored locally on the forum's webserver.

Detailed feature description:
It might work something like this:
1. Create a new thread or post, highlight the name of a Pokemon card like "Electivire (SW)" including it's (set" initials) in brackets.
2. Press the "Insert Pokemon card thumbnail hyperlink" button (as shown in the attached image).
3. The Forum plugin will use the set initials in the highlighted text to locate the directory the image of that card is in and then use the name of the pokemon to locate the card.jpg image itself.
4. A hyper-linked Thumbnail of the image would then be inserted into the post just to the right of the highlighted text.
5. When you click on the thumbnail in the completed post a new window will open with an image of the Pokemon card in it (this is all similar to the way a thumbnail works now in a post when created with the "insert image button")

[attachment=8449]

Thanks in advance for your interest, Munchlaxx.
I edited my first post to make it much shorter and easier to understand... hopefully now someone can let me know if this sort of feature would be possible to add via a plugin.

Munchlaxx.