MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins/Mod Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new here and want to give the MyBB a try, but I have a question. My question is, does the newest version of MyBB forum support the use of any older versions of mods, plugins, or theme's??

Thanks
Themes are generally compatible within a series (i.e. if a theme is made for 1.2.x it should mostly work for any 1.2.x board).

Modifications are more version-specific than plugins. However, some modifications and plugins can work across different series, and others will only work with one specific release. You should ask the plugin/modification author.
DennisTT Wrote:Themes are generally compatible within a series (i.e. if a theme is made for 1.2.x it should mostly work for any 1.2.x board).

Modifications are more version-specific than plugins. However, some modifications and plugins can work across different series, and others will only work with one specific release. You should ask the plugin/modification author.

Thanks DennisTT for answering my questions! Glad to hear that alot of the mods & stuff are still useful for the newer versions of MyBB, since I plan to give some a try.

Thanks! Smile
I'd like to reiterate, generally customizations (themes, plugins, modifications) work within a series. Support across different series is much less, depending on the customization.