MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Master Template for all pages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Is there anyway to make one html page that is a copy of your own site, then import that into the template system and have that propagate to all pages?

I have been able to change each template, one by one by copying and pasteing code from the page i want to use into each one, but this is taking a long time. And what worries me about this method is that if I need to change something in the future I'd have to go back and do it all over again. It's an easy process, just time consumeing to say the least.

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe
What do you mean the template does effect all pages in the forum that the template is part of.

Are you talking about your site and the forum just sharing a template?
Yeah, he is... He wants to know if there's an easier way to do it.

Sorry, buddy no way to do that...
ahero4heor Wrote:Yeah, he is... He wants to know if there's an easier way to do it.

Sorry, buddy no way to do that...

Yeah, I was afraid of that, but thats okay too. I'll just modify all of the templates one by one. Best BB I have ever seen, so a little work wont hurt me!

Thanks for the replies folks.

Joe

P.S. What I was talking about was like on another BB I have looked at, there is a master template where you just copy your html to the head and footer sections and bam, it's on every page that the forum uses. Thats what I was looking for.
Well you could probably make a script or plugin of some kind that would do that if you know how. I mean plugins insert things to every theme all the time Wink .
NetSage Wrote:Well you could probably make a script or plugin of some kind that would do that if you know how. I mean plugins insert things to every theme all the time Wink .

Now thats a good thought. I'm not to familiar with this program or even php yet, now if it was written in coldfusion I might be able to do that. But I am studying it, so who knows what will happen in the future. Thanks for the reply.

Joe