MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: adjustments when changing themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got two basic questions and/or suggestions for improvement. I've been trying to change the font on my header links, but I've discovered that if you change the color for one link, it will change the color of all links. See screen shot for clarification:

[attachment=8456]

"Help Desk" is the title of one of my categories. It has a darker background, so I would like to change it to a lighter color, but when I go to edit the theme and change that, it will also change "Hot off the Press" and "Welcomes/Introductions" to the same lighter color, thereby making it harder to read on the lighter background. Shouldn't this be separated in the theme edit section, so they can be different colors?

Also, when editing a template, you get the option to continue editing template after submitting. It would be great if you also had that option when editing a theme. Having to go back to it if the change you made isn't suitable is a bit of a pain, and having it still be open after submitting changes would be wonderful!!!!
Which section of the theme editor are you trying to change the colour?
Had to go through them all again to find it, but I paid closer attention this time. The links section in Content Container changes those colors, but it seems it changes all the link colors on the index page. Worse than I thought. Toungue Or am I missing another way? I went through all the link areas, and that was the only place I found that would change the colors in those links.

I did try changing the color in the links in Table Headers, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
It lets me change them?

but if you want In the css you can add on the addition css like:

.classname A:link {text-decoration: none}
.classname A:visited {text-decoration: none}
.classname A:active {text-decoration: none}
.classname A:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: red;}
I don't know anything about css, so that example doesn't help me...and I don't see how you can change something that I cannot. I'm using the default templates, and I can't change the headers without changing everything else.

edit: Ok, this obviously is something wrong with my theme, even though it's based off the default templates. I just checked another theme also based off the default, and that is working fine. Anyone know of a reason why one of my themes would be acting like this? I have changed the color for the header links, but the forum isn't recognizing the changes.

edit again: I figured it out. There shouldn't have been anything in the content container area. That was overriding all the other values, and I didn't realize it. So my two suggestions is now moved to one.

Quote:Also, when editing a template, you get the option to continue editing template after submitting. It would be great if you also had that option when editing a theme. Having to go back to it if the change you made isn't suitable is a bit of a pain, and having it still be open after submitting changes would be wonderful!!!!
Aren't there link colour boxes for the table headers, table rows, table footers, etc? If not, you can use CSS to do so as Inferno pointed out. For example, for table headers...
.thead A:link {text-decoration: none}
.thead A:visited {text-decoration: none}
.thead A:active {text-decoration: none}
.thead A:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: red;}

Yes that would be a suggestion