MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HotEditor Installation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

As i was searching for a software who will make my text in this formating!
[Image: 0D76F974.png]

and i got this one ;
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16247

BUT now the problem is this thing is giving me a problem while installing!
This thing was finally test on 1.2.3 and it was declared by the owner that it will work on all the 1.2.x series!

But now i am having a problem!
i uploaded all the files as were said, updated all the templates as said!
Upload all the edited files and Java Scripts as they gave in package!

NOW this is the problem ;
[Image: 8A18A923.png]

the same problem will Quick replay and all other different test editing areas!

Help!

FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:Hello,

As i was searching for a software who will make my text in this formating!
[Image: 0D76F974.png]

and i got this one ;
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=16247

BUT now the problem is this thing is giving me a problem while installing!
This thing was finally test on 1.2.3 and it was declared by the owner that it will work on all the 1.2.x series!

But now i am having a problem!
i uploaded all the files as were said, updated all the templates as said!
Upload all the edited files and Java Scripts as they gave in package!

NOW this is the problem ;
[Image: 8A18A923.png]

the same problem will Quick replay and all other different test editing areas!

Help!

FAISAL!

OHHH, After alot of tries! Sad the HotEditor is installed! on my local host server's Forum!!

But still i am getting this problem! when i try to reply, or Submit a new thread!!

Quote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

Hope will help!

FAISAL!
search and look in the forums for the second question many people ask that.

but how you fixed the problem with HotEditor?
I'm also trying to install it...

did you update the author of HotEditor?
Hmm... I've installed the HotEditor in my forum and it was an smooth install. just follow very VERY careful the instructions.

The problem with this is that there is neccesary some core file changes (3 files) and that is a pain in the butt when updating MyBB to a newer version because you have to manually update the changed core files.

You also must be awared of the changes that MyBB did when upgrading the versions. As you can see, in the ZIP that comes with HotEditor brings you some "preset files" but they are out of date (for MyBB 1.2.6 or something)... and also the "manual patching instructions" are out of date... Maybe you can try using the changes I did. I'm attaching to this message the "preset files" for MyBB 1.2.11 (sorry, but I have not updated to 1.2.12 because I've been busy X-D and I'm also lazy about manually finding the changes in the HotEditor changed core files Cool ) This worked for me Wink

I hope this helps.

Regards.

** EDIT:

I've removed tha attached file (for MyBB 1.2.11) because I've already updated the preset files for MyBB 1.2.12 (current latest MyBB version). You can find them in one of my following posts.
EvilOnGo Wrote:Hmm... I've installed the HotEditor in my forum and it was an smooth install. just follow very VERY careful the instructions. (You can check how a "free (no pay) installation" looks like in my forum: www.clanuis.co.nr )

The problem with this is that there is neccesary some core file changes (3 files) and that is a pain in the butt when updating MyBB to a newer version because you have to manually update the changed core files.

You also must be awared of the changes that MyBB did when upgrading the versions. As you can see, in the ZIP that comes with HotEditor brings you some "preset files" but they are out of date (for MyBB 1.2.6 or something)... and also the "manual patching instructions" are out of date... Maybe you can try using the changes I did. I'm attaching to this message the "preset files" for MyBB 1.2.11 (sorry, but I have not updated to 1.2.12 because I've been busy X-D and I'm also lazy about manually finding the changes in the HotEditor changed core files Cool ) This worked for me Wink

I hope this helps.

Regards.

well,
i am very thankful to you! that you helped me!!!
well you sent the files that have been changed can you do a favor for me?
Can you please send me the xml file of your Forum?? i mean on the theme your Hoteditor is working just go to Admin CP and download that themes XML files with all the modified actions! so it will bring me all the modified Templates too! i will try that! because i still get the same problem!

The problem is ;Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
I am waiting for your helpful answer! THANKS!
FAISAL!
Faisal Shah Wrote:Can you please send me the xml file of your Forum?? i mean on the theme your Hoteditor is working just go to Admin CP and download that themes XML files with all the modified actions! so it will bring me all the modified Templates too! i will try that! because i still get the same problem!
Emm... Sure, but.... my forum server is down since yesterday! X-D Sorry... as soon as it gets online again I will send you the modified templates.

What is your forum URL anyway?.. I think if you create me an admin account and PM me the login details I can try to help you from the inside Wink
EvilOnGo Wrote:
Faisal Shah Wrote:Can you please send me the xml file of your Forum?? i mean on the theme your Hoteditor is working just go to Admin CP and download that themes XML files with all the modified actions! so it will bring me all the modified Templates too! i will try that! because i still get the same problem!
Emm... Sure, but.... my forum server is down since yesterday! X-D Sorry... as soon as it gets online again I will send you the modified templates.

What is your forum URL anyway?.. I think if you create me an admin account and PM me the login details I can try to help you from the inside Wink

Sure, When you can help me i can trust you atleast! Wink

Well can you please go to ; http://fcommunity.newsit.es

Register and JUST PM!
I will make the Admin~~

ENJOY~ and waiting!
You need to install your forum or remove the install directory.
Inferno Wrote:You need to install your forum or remove the install directory.

Ya i deleted the install directory already!! now waiting for mr. EvilOnGo to go and set up hot editor for me! as i think i CAN'T Sad

FAISAL!
Ok, I've just PM'ed you Smile

Edit: Hmm Faisal.. Have you updated you forum to the latest version? If so... that error may be happening because you didn't run the upgrade script:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=27700
Pages: 1 2 3 4