MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: program to search in text inside files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Notepad++ works fine, not worth using anything else!
IIRC MSYS has grep for Windows. Simply by adding the MSYS /bin directory to the Windows path you can use all kinds of cool tools to Windows, like grep, more/less, ls, vi, and so on, all usable from the windows command prompt. IIRC ln doesn't work though (it would be awesome if, on NTFS, it made junctions (the NTFS name for symlinks)).
Use < a href="http://sulhansetiawan.com/en/find-text-mencari-text-di-dalam-banyak-file">Find Text</a>

Just like its name, Find Text is a software for finding a specific text inside many files; e.g. doc, xls, txt, htm, php, css, etc. This software is totally different with Search facility on Windows because that facility is only able to search text on files title, not inside them.

For instance, when we are learning programming, we look for a function. Unfortunately, we don’t know where is that function implemented. As a consequence, we have to open and close, back and forth, maybe hundreds of files. Find Text will get you out of this rush.

If file extension already related to an application, with just double click on name of file resulted from finding, the application will open the file for you.

It's free and only 24 KB!
Cool File hound for sure Cool
It's at jimmythefork.com
grep spam
(2009-11-18, 12:52 PM)fiddyschmitt Wrote: [ -> ]Cool File hound for sure Cool
It's at jimmythefork.com

It's nice to see you join the forums to plug your software. Toungue
yeah, but hey - it's free and I use it all the time myself Wink
Hey, you could always use desktop search.
i use notepad++ searchfunction
and works very well
Pages: 1 2