MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your linux distro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Need to try one, but really never bothered to get it working.

My SATA (software) RAID0 setup isn't exactly recognized well by Linux installers.
I've used Ubuntu, Fedora, and I think another. Fedora is currently set on one of the servers.

By the way, Check this linux os out: http://vixta.org

Does it look familiar? Toungue
Ubuntu
Knoppix, FTW.

Been a while though. =(
Ubuntu here as well. Smile
I'm currently building a Kubuntu/Ubuntu box.

I'm gonna set up seperate partitions for each one. Smile
Why not just install Ubuntu and install "kubuntu-desktop" (sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop) over the top, that way you can use both on the same partition and just switch between the window managers as you like.
I ain't using a LINUX package, though I have tried Ubuntu 2 times. First time I had it delivered to my Mom's house and then I had another CD sent to my partners house and tried using the "Live CD" (I recieved it in Jan 08) however it didn't seem to work right.... It froze on the DOS based loading screen.
MrDoom Wrote:Why not just install Ubuntu and install "kubuntu-desktop" (sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop) over the top, that way you can use both on the same partition and just switch between the window managers as you like.

Cuz I feel like doing it this way... you got a problem? <_<

I may do it like that, not sure though, I have to actually build the box first. Toungue
Dale Hay Wrote:It froze on the DOS based loading screen.
Ha ha, DOS. That's a good one Toungue

What you were seeing was not a DOS based loading screen, it was Linux loading all the things it loads on boot, by the time you get there the Linux kernel is already loaded and running. Well, that's not strictly true, the first thing you see is the boot loader and boot strapper which load the kernel.
Windows does the same thing except it hides it behind a splash screen. In the 9x days you could remove said splash screen by pressing escape or something but I haven't worked out how to do it on NT based systems.

What kind of PC were you trying to run it on, sometimes Live CDs take an age to boot.
Pages: 1 2 3