MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major Faulty [Reward for help included]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear Helpful Support people,

I have had a famous and good website at www.covertcodes.com for some time. Eventually it came the time where I had to upgrade to the newest version. I handed the task to one of my site administrator's and he accidentally misread the instructions and messed up the forum without having made a backup of the server files. I then had to restart, by reinstalling MYBB and applying the new files to the backed up DB of the older and working forum. Doing that, I recovered all members, posts and settings, however a few major errors.
  • Theme Change Error - If I go the the UserCP and change my theme I get an error saying: "Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.". I also get this everywhere with every theme
  • Log out Function Bugged - Whenever I try to log out using the "log out button" I get the following error: "Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu. "

Until now these are the errors I have explored and noticed. I'm not sure but there might be some more so I will post them as they show up.

Because I don't believe in helping without rewarding (ie.leeching) I am willing to give $10 via paypal for the person who solves my problem.

If anyone needs any screenshots to make the supporting easier, feel free to ask for it. We are desperate. =)

~Kindest Regads
Ok, did you download the latest 1.2.12 pack?
Yes, re-installed it too.

Used new raw default files and then what I did was delete the tabels created by the new Mybb installation and import the ones from the back up.
Was the installation before upgraded to 1.2.12? Have you tried to upgrade via /install/upgrade.php?
Ouch!

Suddenly out of nowhere, I swear I didn't do anything I get this XD:

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorcckb6.jpg

I'm going to reinstall the freaking forum and re-import the DB!

EDIT: YES WE TRIED TO UPGRADE, BUT MY ADMIN MESSED IT UP. THAT'S WHY WE HAD TO RE-INSTALL.
Did you add a .htaccess file/change any server settings? I was recieving a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before.
Nope I don't think so!

Edit: BTW, I'm re-installing so I'll post more news in a sec!
Ok, ty NP. Remeber to Upgrade if you already have the database there.
Can't you just chmod the root directory and index.php to 755?
*Sigh* Softlayer Technologies. Can you even change the permissions?
Pages: 1 2 3