MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why's something SO easy apparently so hard? Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Within:
"MyForumName" Control Panel » Theme Manager » Edit Theme

...I can see the guy who set this forum up inserted a Forum Logo. This shows at the top of every page and links back to "MyMainWebsite".co.uk/index.php. ALL I need to do is simply make it go to "MyMainWebsite".co.uk/ WITHOUT the index.php on the end.

SO, I looked within:
"MyForumName" Control Panel » Board Settings » General Configuration

...I can see a field called Homepage URL which is set to:
"MyMainWebsite".co.uk/

SO, where the heck is it getting index.php from? I did a global search of every page within my forum/ folder and I cannot find it - I also searched the admin CP.

Someone please help, my toys are being thrown out the pram on this one!!!
It should be under admincp > templates > modify > click expand on the template set you need to change it on > find header and click on it.
The index.php is automatically added. You can probably remove it from the header template maybe.
MrDoom Wrote:The index.php is automatically added. You can probably remove it from the header template maybe.

Anyone who wants to elaborate on "You can probably remove it from the header template maybe" would be grrreat! I can't find anything in this mountain of files.
Read my above post Wink
"It should be under admincp > templates > modify > click expand on the template set you need to change it on > find header and click on it."

Log into your Admin Control Panel. Navigate on the side frame down to Templates. Click on the Modify/Delete link. Click on the Expand button that you will see (probably for the Default template, each theme has it's own set), this will display all the different bits of code that use to display your forum. Find the one that says "header" click on the Edit button on the side.

Then the code will be displayed in it's raw form. Edit that link, click on Update Template, and you are good to go.
Xander Wrote:"It should be under admincp > templates > modify > click expand on the template set you need to change it on > find header and click on it."

Log into your Admin Control Panel. Navigate on the side frame down to Templates. Click on the Modify/Delete link. Click on the Expand button that you will see (probably for the Default template, each theme has it's own set), this will display all the different bits of code that use to display your forum. Find the one that says "header" click on the Edit button on the side.

Then the code will be displayed in it's raw form. Edit that link, click on Update Template, and you are good to go.

Thanks Xander, all sorted.

(Oops, sorry Inferno - I missed your answer... thanks to you too)
I feel for you, since I needed to do a similar thing before, and like you, I had a hard time finding out how to do it.

Now to get my own forum working... Toungue