MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB with a subversion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB,
I was wondering, why can't MyBB use a subversion so people can update their forums without the hassle of having to post about whatever security update it made?

Regards.
I agree. I've posted the same suggestion too here.
We've thought about making our branch public, we've been busy and this would just be another thing to deal with.
SVN would make my life much easier, a simple "svn co http://domain location" works great! Smile
MyBB,
I'm not entirely sure about creating your own subversion, but registering for a free subversion seems to be more easy. Only thing I think you need to do is register, create users, enable bug trac so others can check what bug was fixed, and upload the MyBB files into the SVN. After that, you can just commit updates and stuff...

Regards.
Ginji Wrote:MyBB,
I'm not entirely sure about creating your own subversion, but registering for a free subversion seems to be more easy. Only thing I think you need to do is register, create users, enable bug trac so others can check what bug was fixed, and upload the MyBB files into the SVN. After that, you can just commit updates and stuff...

Regards.

Already have a private subversion setup on our server for the staff - But like I said, we'd need to keep the trunk private as well as not modifying our own stuff. The only thing I could think of is snapshots
MyBB,
Well, what's so wrong with having a public stable setup? Where all the stable (security/fix) updates are actually dumped for the current MyBB and are not for a newer version (ie 1.4) lest it be a release?

Regards.
Ginji Wrote:MyBB,
Well, what's so wrong with having a public stable setup? Where all the stable (security/fix) updates are actually dumped for the current MyBB and are not for a newer version (ie 1.4) lest it be a release?

Regards.

We loose the element of surprise.

And I'm not sure what your going on about with the security/fix updates not being in the trunk. Of course they're in the trunk.