MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multi-Piece Banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to use a multi-piece banner for a logo?

Say I have three pieces, one for the left, one for the right, and one for the center, which repeats (as in, I have already made them). How would I go about doing that for my forum banner?
I'd be interested in knowing how to do this too. I'm trying to get the exact same thing to display on my site that will be built around Wordpress. Hopefully they are fixed in a similar nature. Smile
Probably, as I see some of the other themes have it, but they have it set as a repeating background image... and then they just add text over their background image.
<div class="logo_main"><div class="logo_left"><div class="logo_right"></div></div></div>

.logo_main {
background: url(images/image of the repeating logo.gif) top left repeat-x;
height: XXpx;
}

.logo_left {
background: url(images/image of the left logo.gif) top left no-repeat;
}

.logo_right {
background: url(images/image of the right logo.gif) top right no-repeat;
}

I'm not sure how to do this hyperlinked.
Cool, thanks! o.0 I shoulda just Im'd you for this =s...

EDIT: It doesn't work, I filled it with the #px and replaced the url to my images... but nothing shows up. Am I doing something wrong?
Did you forget the html I posted at the top of the post? All you need to edit is the height in px and the url. Check your url, use a full url if you must.
Okay, let me try a full URL; because I know I put in the <div> stuff at the top...

Nvm: I screwed up putting the <div> suff in the logo box; I accidentally put it somewhere else, and didn't notice it...

But, It's half-screwed Sad the repeating center doesn't show and then
" alt="Test Forums" />
shows up =X! and it screws up the positioning of the toplinks... and fills the page to either side with the category and forum names.
Bump! Any help appreciated! Ya' know I'm not doing this for my benefit Wink...
Revert your header template, then just shove that above the toplinks to test it out. You must have deleted something you didn't need to or shouldn't have.
Alright, I'll try that...
Pages: 1 2