MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading up to 100MB files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, it's a big file..

And I would like to be able to upload anything, up to a 100MB..

But I see that the uploads are intergrated into the database.. which is pretty restrictive for those who have heaps of room / Bandwidth to upload to the server HD.

Is there any way that uploads (attachments.php) can be MODDED to go to a default Dir such as mybb/uploads etc and not use the db???

Thanks...
better upload the file on a folder on your disk space and link it to the forum
I believe GOLD will actually start saving uploads as a files in a given directory....however don't celebrate yet.....as it's not likely that myBB turns out to be the problem..... in most of the cases it's the settings of PHP that prevent uploads larger than 2MB....I would rather use FTP and then link to the file from there like suggested earlier...
Tanks!,

I'm more interested in making it available for Members to Upload via the forums, as I can't / don't want to give them ftp access..... Wink
No. Its impossible. PHP has an upload limit of 2MB and can only be changed by the system admin of the server in the php.ini file. So not even your host could do anything about it. Also it puts alot of stress on the server and i dont think your host would even want to if he could.
I'm not sure about your information, as this Pic shows a php-MySQL combination forum quite capable of uploading more than 2MB..

[Image: upload.jpg]

Also note that it uploads to a Dir, rather than the database. The database is only used to link the file to the post... ???

Hence the question to NOT store the files in the Db, as I'm sure Chris and his team could come up with something similar.Wink

Bandwith, diskspace and server are neither the problem, or the question. Wink
Ohhh, I can't delete this post.
Wink

Now we're getting somewhere... If avatars can be uploaded to thier own Dir, then so should files... Permissions are one thing, Size Restriction the other.

Coding it in php is beyond my expertise, as I'm only 58 years old and learning... Big Grin

I just got lucky with the spelling MOD, and most of that was html anyway.
Ohhh, I can't delete this post.
We will no doubt emblazen your name in gold, if you work that one out...

Now I'm out of here... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2