MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WAMP vs AppServ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WAMP vs AppServ vs Xampp

I want to install a server on my localhost, which would you suggest and why?
can you identify any difference between them?

thanks,
dvb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_WAMPs

I've used WAMP in the past and didn't see any issues with it, other than it's a lot slower than Linux. Toungue
well,
I use Xammp and i am totally happy/satisfied with it LOL!

FAISAL!
I use AppServ, and I haven't had a single issue yet.

It also doesn't bother me with stupid little control applications. You actually have to use Apache Start and Apache Stop, and it doesn't clutter my Taskbar.

It's pretty awesome, I must say. Smile
I'd say AppServ, as that is what I use. No problems from me and it runs nicely in the background. Also yes it does run like a normal server - plus people can view your "localhost" if you tell them your IP address.. which is cool if you want / need to show someone stuff quickly. Big Grin
I have been using AppServ for over a year now. I haven't had a single issue with it thus far. It is really reliable.
am using wamp for a long time, I like the easy interface they have done.
Just wondering, all this is, is just a package containing Apache, MySQL, PHP (and maybe others)?
I installed Apache, PHP and MySQL manually - is there any advantage in this package (maybe, apart from being easier to set up)?
yes it is only a package of Apache, MySQL and PHP to windows platform.
the main advantage is the ease of use but it's adds some features or useful and pleasing interface.

but after another check I think I'll go with the manual installation of each (Apache, PHP, MySQL).
Oh okay thanks.
Just wondering, cause I've seen all these guides on WAMP, but I've found installing them manually fairly simple, so I thought there may have been some other advantage.

Anyways, thanks.