MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let's Talk Movies...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What films have you seen recently and what did you think of them?

Juno - Was an OK film, story line was predictible but overall it is worth a watch, not worth an oscar nomination but after seeing norbit get nominated it wouldnt suprise me if it wins!

The Bucket List - Two of the best actors in the world! Morgan Freeman and Jack Nickholson. I really enjoyed this, anything with them two in is worth watching. Not there best film ever but i found some bits very very funny despite the main plot being about cancer they done well to get away from that.
Cloverfield - Horrible. 3/10
Actually I'll just copy and paste a review on that movie I've already posted at another forum, just because I can. Big Grin
Quote:
other member Wrote:people complained about the lack of explanation
It didn't need explaining - huge monster attacking city for no apparent reason, great.
other member Wrote:people even complained about the ending...how?!?!? what do they want, Morgan Freeman as "God" explaining the entire movie?
The ending? I remember that part of last night so well; a time of happiness. It was all over.
The entire cinema gave off this vibe when the credits started - helped by the majority saying rather loudly that they wanted their money back - that they did not enjoy one bit of it.

Did anyone stay until the very end? The voice? We were told by a friend to stay until the end because there was something super cool. Bleh.

My rating is no higher than a 3/10.

And yeah, from the previews for the movie I'd seen while watching other movies I didn't think the whole hand-held camera thing would be used for the whole movie, that was pretty annoying. Just a hint if you're going to watch this, at some stages through the film, just tilt your head to the side and everything looks a bit better. Smile

More as I watch newer releases. Smile
Sweeny Todd was great! A bit gory, but if that's your style, go for it! I'm not much for gory movies, but it was killer! Literally, lmao.

Myself, I'd rate it a 9.5/10.

0.5's missing because of the way it did/n't end... I would've liked a different ending better. Overall, this movie has gotta be a must-see!
ahero4heor Wrote:Sweeny Todd was great! A bit gory, bit if that's your style, go for it! I'm not much for gory movies, but it was killer! Literally, lmao.

Myself, I'd rate it a 9.5/10.

0.5's missing because of the way it did/n't end... I would've liked a different better. Overall, this movie has gotta be a must-see!

thanks for the review, i might watch it