MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 boards on on DB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting ready to launch another website and I am going to need two forums for this one.

Is there any way to put two Mybb forums onto one database?
I don't want my members to have to join two different forums on the same site.

How do I go about setting that up? Is this a server type question and not a mybb question or both?

Whatever info you can give me before taking this to the server to ask would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Installing two boards on one DB is simple - just use different table prefixes.

However, making the login work for both is much harder. You'd have to do a fair bit of code editing to get that.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:Installing two boards on one DB is simple - just use different table prefixes.

However, making the login work for both is much harder. You'd have to do a fair bit of code editing to get that.

Is there a 'cheat sheet' or instructions posted someplace on how to make those code changes?
No, you'd have to figure them out yourself, unfortunately.
Ok thanks. I guess I'll just make them register for two dif ones.

I can't code and I'm not going to chance messing up anything.
Actually I was planning on making a tutorial and trying to do this but I haven't had the time yet Sad
Well if you ever get it done, make sure you let me know! I got the sit up now with the one board so if you get it done before I do the new one that would be awesome!
If you're still interested, you could hack the db_mysql*.php files to redirect requests to the users (and related) tables, however, there'll be many issues with doing so (as MyBB isn't designed for this purpose) and you'll also have to figure out a way to sync up all the caches.

To say the least, it will require quite a bit of work unfortunately.
Hope that helps.