MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors logging in as admin! System emails not coming in!!! Please help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I read the "sticky" posts and this is not really covered there, hence the new thread.

My co-administrator logged in as Admin, which is how I usually do, she usually uses a super moderator id to log in but when she couldn't, she used Admin, now previously in the member list there were in fact two users named Admin, her and I, both had different emails attached, as well as individual passwords, now since the most recent security upgrade, and since she logged in as Admin, I cannot get logged in, and when I use lost password and enter email it sends me the passwords for the pseudo accounts I created when initially testing out the login process (with captcha, and email verify) but not for my Admin user id,.

So my question is can I correct this from the server side? or is there another fix? I even tried restoring the backup made previously from cpanel, but unfortunately the backup made was from mybb control Admin controls so it doesn't recognize it backup, does any one know if there is a php file or other method of retrieving my Admin login or editing what the password or email address to send a re-set password to?

It has been three days since being able to get in there and do what I need to do, and my co-administrator is not equipped or qualified to work this end of the administration, So please help me resolve this ASAP!

To make matters worse I cannot even login to mybb admin control panel either!

Thanks to all who assist!

TSG!
you can use the cpanel backup and go to cpanel>backups>restore or some thing then try to restore it.
Yeah well like I said in my post cpanel doesn't recognize the back up and I can't get into my admin either not just the forum, so I am still unable to do ANYTHING unless someone can tell me which of the .PHP files I need to manipulate to allow me access to on or the other!

again thanks for any input!

TSG!
Please clarify the situation.

Can you login to your cPanel account with your host? Can you access phpMyAdmin? Can you login to the user-side of your administrator account on the forum?
quacktacular Wrote:Please clarify the situation.

Can you login to your cPanel account with your host? Can you access phpMyAdmin? Can you login to the user-side of your administrator account on the forum?

Yes my hosting cpanel is accessible, but I cannot log in to mybb admin control panel, nor log in as admin user side, i can log in as pseudo user name when I was initially setting up forums but cannot get new password for admin as it doesn't associate any of my email addresses, or my co administrators email addresses to our account, and in trying to figure which email i used i logged in as user and emailed admin user and no email comes through but when i attempt to log in the system sends me log in attempt messages, and contact us, emails come through, but not the emails from the admin profile, or member list email buttons, and I didn't initially realize it but this happened immediately after the version install, and i can't get the backup restored because cpanel doesn't see it as a cpanel abck up or someting, i did it trough the mybb backup tool. How would php my admin in cpanel help me? I thought that was for cpanel not for mybb, or maybe i really have no idea what it is for, but if this more detailed info helps, please help me resolve this, or I am going to have to look for another forum package, as most will import the existing MySQL DB and I won't lose users or posts, in all truthfulness the support here I am finding slow and inconsistent, I only mention this as an advisement that people who are depending on this support forum as an only means of help will find their forums suffer for the slow responses, as is my current experience, if any users of my forum is trying to contact me or need help or just some sign of life that there ARE real people behind this forum, they are being neglected, and for me that is the most frustrating aspect, not being able to show care of my members, considering it is almost a public service type forum for grandparent that are raising their grand children because their own children, the biological parents, are either in jail, dead, or drug addicts that the state took the children away from for their inability to properly care for them, so it is of importance, not just for chit chat!

I do appreciate YOUR response and hope for some solution today!
Thank you!

TSG!

UPDATE 1. I AM NOW GETTING THIS ERROR ON MY OTHER FORUM SINCE "UPGRADE" MySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user 'garden'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
AND SETTINGS.PHP SHOWS......$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".gardeningsphere.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cssmedium'] = "db";
AND IN RESEARCHING INITIAL PROBLEM IN SETTINGS.PHP FOR GRANDPARENTS FORUM $settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

I BELIEVE THIS IS WRONG AS I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER SETTING THOSE UP RIGHT!

HOPE THIS HELPS WITH FINDING A SOLUTION!

Update 2. Now both are giving respective errors,
MySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user 'custodia'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Okay I found and fixed the MySQL db errors but still am locked out of admin control panel and admin user log in, PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME HERE, I have in fact narrowed down the issue to the upgrade, as I replaced my upgraded garden forum with a mirror ftp upload from home computer and it now recognizes me, unfortunately the grandparents forum was only backed up from mybb control panel back not cpanel server backup! And I didn't do the same mirror backup in my home computer!

Thanks!

TSG!
There was a confusion of email addresses that accompanied the dual Admin users where the email address was changed to another eail address that was not mine, but my co-admin, and she was unaware she changed it on me because the two admin usersid's became merged as far as if you changed one the other was also updated!

So now that was fixed from PHP my Admin by adding a character to the second admin userid, and editing the originating ip and email addresses to be different!

Thanks Dennis for coming to the rescue!

TSG!