MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: does mybb have spell check or a spell check plug in or what do we do for spelling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does mybb have spell check or a spell check plug in or what do we do for spelling?
MyBB itself does not, but many popular browsers, such as FireFox 2 and Safari, do.
LegosJedi Wrote:MyBB itself does not, but many popular browsers, such as FireFox 2 and Safari, do.

thanks for the info....

Other than using a new browser...not all of my users are going to do that...is there another way to include spell check into mybb
PHP has a built in spelling extension, but it might not be enabled on some web servers. I know there are 3rd party spell checkers, but they'd probably have to be made into a mod to work with MyBB.
LegosJedi Wrote:PHP has a built in spelling extension, but it might not be enabled on some web servers. I know there are 3rd party spell checkers, but they'd probably have to be made into a mod to work with MyBB.

hmm im not sure about that extension and if it could work for my members of my forum but i will read up on it.
(2008-01-25, 04:18 PM)LegosJedi Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB itself does not, but many popular browsers, such as FireFox 2 and Safari, do.

No disrespect meant here, but I think switching to another browser as a 'fix' for no spell checker is a cop-out. Why isn't MyBB working on a spell check plug-in? MyBB is excellent forum software, but the lack of a spelling tool is a little disappointing.
modern browsers and OS's have spell-check built in

this is not an area where MyBB should be wasting their time
(2009-03-06, 12:40 AM)Tuxie Wrote: [ -> ]No disrespect meant here, but I think switching to another browser as a 'fix' for no spell checker is a cop-out. Why isn't MyBB working on a spell check plug-in? MyBB is excellent forum software, but the lack of a spelling tool is a little disappointing.
You seem to spell fine, that's what school is for, MyBB don't need to have that to be a feature, what forum do you know who has a spell checker? request a plugin if you want it.
Learn to spell?? Toungue

Quote:Why isn't MyBB working on a spell check plug-in?

This makes no sense, we don't really write plugins... as Brad said, the main browsers have a spell checker or a plugin that allows it now.
GOOD NEWS GUYS!! I have finally seen the light! My eyes have been opened... and I have you all to thank for it! I installed a spellcheck plug-in for my browser.

Jeez... who would've guessed a little thing like a spellcheck woold cauze so mudch problim?! Carry on...
Pages: 1 2