MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum still indicates new threads after viewing all new ones.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new installation of MyBB 1.2.12. For the most part I'm happy with it and things are working pretty well. My first complaint is that forums are still being marked as having new threads even after I view all of the new threads. Basic sequence of events:

I visit forums (already logged in).
Forum1 has the "new posts" icon.
I visit Forum1, it has a new post.
I read new post.
I click navigation links to get back to the main index, or main category.
Forum1 still says it has new posts.
I click on Forum1 again, it has no new posts since I just read it.
I use navigation to get back to the index/category again.
Forum1 now is correctly indicated as having no new posts.

It's like I have to view the forum twice for it to realize I already read all of the threads.

Is this typical behavior? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks.
Click "Mark This Forum As Read".
That's not something I want to do every time I read a thread though. Is it supposed to show threads as new when they have been read until I visit the forum twice?
This is a well known bug that has been fixed for MyBB 1.4. It cannot be fixed in 1.2 because it required a whole rewrite of the Forum Marking System
Tikitiki Wrote:This is a well known bug that has been fixed for MyBB 1.4. It cannot be fixed in 1.2 because it required a whole rewrite of the Forum Marking System

Thanks for the update; I figured it may be a common thing but didn't really have any luck searching or finding it.

Is there any information regarding 1.4 anywhere? Development status, new features, changelog, rough timeline, etc?

Thanks.
There is lots of information search this site, the wiki, other BB forums, google and you'll find plenty