MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: search bots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been searching the forum with no luck to answer my question.
does anyone know how i can limit the likes of gogglebot and yahoobot in mybb software.

i just want to limit them not ban them fully.

thanks
daveyboy Wrote:i have been searching the forum with no luck to answer my question.
does anyone know how i can limit the likes of gogglebot and yahoobot in mybb software.

i just want to limit them not ban them fully.

thanks

Yes i think this is where you need to get stared...preventing google ...you will have to read around a little bit and then they explain exactly what you will need to do. You will have to add a few lines to your server or to your index page depending on exactly what you want to keep bots from doing....hope this helps you.

click on "Preventing content from appearing in ....."

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters...topic=8456
They have the same read-permissions as "guests" .
controls are in place on the main home page, i will see if i can just ban them for a while as my host is driving me mad.
is it just me, or I have heared that you want google to be on your forum as much as possible, as it is a good sign?
Of course it's a good sign, more people will find their way to your site via google.