MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.2.12 Cannot Logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Yesterday I updated my forum. Now, I cannot Logout:
Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.
I try this and I change the template to "MyBB Default".

I hope you help me.
Hello,

It seems that this is no applicable to v1.2.12, because the logout code was changed in the latest releases !

I think you have to make 3 changes in your templates:

1. header_welcomeblock_member
replace:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>
by:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>

2. changeuserbox
replace:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->change_user}</a>
by:
<a href="member.php?action=logout&logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->change_user}</a>

3. index_logoutlink
replace:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->index_logout}</a>
by:
<a href="member.php?action=logout&logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->index_logout}</a>

I hope this works for you !
Thank You very much Snappo and spyto for your replyes.

Spyto, I make the 3 changes in the template, and It works perfect.

Thread Solved.
This can be solved by using "Find Updated" under Templates next time.
Neither fix works still can't logout.

Anything I am missing here?
Clear your cookies? Are your cookies even correct?
Cookies cleared and cookies are correct. Still nothing.

Strange..
Thanks for the help guys, i just updated earlier today and had the same problem and got it sorted from reading this thread.

I only had to edit header_welcomeblock_member not the other two and it worked for me.

That was me upgrading from 1.2.9 to 1.2.12
Each of the templates represents a logout link. So if you only edit one template, you will only fix one link, but users will still be unable to logout from the other two links in the other two templates.
Pages: 1 2