MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I cannot upgrade my forum coz of hot editor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have hot editor 4.1.2. and my forum is 1.2.8.I wanna upgrade it to 1.2.12 but I always encounter problems.See lots of unwanted codes in my post bit.What can I do for a clean upgrade.
Uninstall hoteditor ? =P
if I uninstall it all my posts get unwanted tags. Likes
<br>hi all <br>
Uninstall hoteditor. For the <br> tags, I'll assume you have some way to manually edit your database, like through phpMyAdmin. Enter this query:

UPDATE mybb_posts SET message = replace( message, '<br>', '
' ) ;

Press Enter on your keyboard after the third apostrophe in the code, so that it replaces HTML breaks with actual line breaks.

I'd suggest testing this first offline, as I last did it before I converted my database to UTF-8, so there may be some problems that might arise.
but it is one of the unwanted tags.There are lots of tags.And I don't know much about phpmyadmin.If I make a wrong thing I cannot overcome the problems.
First back-up and then try to remove the tags.
It's one of the main reasons why I never liked the Hot Editor - it can potentially screw up all your posts... (well, not exactly, but meh)

If you're more confident with fiddling around with things (and PHP regexes), you could try writing up a reverse parser...