MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different Smilies for each theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to use different smilies for individual themes, the default ones do not look good against dark backgrounds.
You don't have to use the default smilies, you could search Google or whatever search engine you prefer, to find dark smilies.
lufbra Wrote:You don't have to use the default smilies, you could search Google or whatever search engine you prefer, to find dark smilies.

Yes I understand that. I run some dark background themes and some lite background. trouble is the all use the same smilies.
Hmm maybe a suggestion for the next version of MyBB? :p
Use smilies with transparency... simple, yet effective.
Well, the problem with that is what if you use Cool by clicking the guy with the cool shades when on another skin its really the Sad smiley or the middle finger smiley or something. It gets confusing.

If someone were to create a mod for this, I would suggest:

10 or so non-skin related smilies. Such as Smile Wink Cool Big Grin etc

Then right under those display the smilies specific to that skin. If anything.
Needs to be modified in the function build_clickable_smilies() and misc.php (action==smilies) too.
LeX- Wrote:Needs to be modified in the function build_clickable_smilies() and misc.php (action==smilies) too.
Ahh, oops, thanks for pointing that one out LeX- Smile
Updated.