MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WPMU and MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's a WP Bridge with MyBB that's still in development. But I would only like to have user synchronization.

For example, if a user registers in MyBB-it'll go into WPMU users and vice versa and Maybe a display name plug-in would be nice also.

Anyways, is it possible to get user integration and cookies working with WPMU and MyBB?
i use muwp in my community based on mybb, now i'm working to the new version, so i have not completed the code.. but by the way i used this logic:

- use this directory structure:
root
|-forum
|-blog
- use this cookie settings:
domain: .yourdomain.ext
directory: /
- disable new signup in muwp
- enable new blog creation in muwp
- attach in mybb login (use the login_end hook) a function to set cookie in muwp and if not present "create" the user on the fly Big Grin

-> note: wp sanatize the user nick name, u have to consider this for nick name with strange character, u could "override" with a filter this function

when mybb 1.4 will be release i hope to be able to release a plugin for the user like u and me that love wp and mybb :p
Wow that's interesting! I hope it all works right for you and everyone else.

My dictionary listings are as the following:
Root (WPMU installed here)
-forum (MyBB installed here)
Shaythong Wrote:Wow that's interesting! I hope it all works right for you and everyone else.

My dictionary listings are as the following:
Root (WPMU installed here)
-forum (MyBB installed here)

i think your configuration will be right.. all you have to do is to set the cookie for wpmu.. of course if wpmu already set the cookie the wpmu will override the mybb one... doh!

you could fix this issue clearing your cookie dir for your domain Big Grin