MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB User - Some words about MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo MyBB Team, I am running now a phpBB 2 Forum with about 60 modifications and i think MyBB would fit better than the new phpBB3 (No Modules, Portal, RSS, AJAX ...). To install this amount of mods and modify this mods for my needs it took month. If I get this rid, I could switch to another board software, too.

I donĀ“t want to switch now, but I keep an eye on phpBB, SMF and MyBB. MyBB is my favourite now.

I know the calendar in Version 1.4 is be rewritten with new features, but there is a big lack in the calendar system.
Each event should be handled as a thread with additional informations (Date/Time).
When I post an Event people often want to discuss about an event.
In every forum category it should be possible to make on a new thread an calendar entry, which appears with the content of the thread starter.
Another nice feature in the calendar would be the posibilite to register to an event.

Apart from the fact, that I am a phpbb user MyBB is the best Opensource BB-Software out there and I hope you keep this great work on.
although you right, this could be done with a plugin that every time an event added to the calendar the plugin will post new thread.
MyBB wizards, there is a hook that suitable for that right?
dvb Wrote:MyBB wizards, there is a hook that suitable for that right?

Indeed