MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Multiforum LIVE DEMO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello All,

Click here for the UPDATED live demo!

The NEW live demo fixes the following bugs:
  • Problems when a forum admin attempts to import or download a theme
  • Admin CP security updates

Look in the releases section in the next few days for a release! :cool:

BMR777
Sounds cool! If I know PHP, I would help... But I don't, unfortunately. Any other field I can help in? I'll help test, that's for sure... Wink
I have my own script planned for MyBB 1.4, however, it'll be private.
Thus I won't help, but I could give you pointers (like I have been).
As for your settings.php you can simply use the database settings table versus flat file.

I would suggest you program your script to create a new database for every 100 forums or something along that, otherwise phpMyAdmin will crash.
Quote:I would suggest you program your script to create a new database for every 100 forums or something along that, otherwise phpMyAdmin will crash.

Yeah, I have used other multi forums scripts before that also cause this to happen. Right now I am working on just the bare bones, later I will add more options hopefully.

Until I get most of the bugs out I will use it just by myself, but I hope to eventually release something as a free release.

BMR777
I'm not quite sure yet, but I think I got it working! I'll keep you all updated and hopefully post a link to a demo installer in a few days.

BMR777
Tikitiki Wrote:As for your settings.php you can simply use the database settings table versus flat file.

I would suggest you program your script to create a new database for every 100 forums or something along that, otherwise phpMyAdmin will crash.
It shouldn't be difficult to set up a writable subdirectory containing all the settings.php files. Since settings.php isn't even referenced much, I think it's quite feasible. Plus, you get the speed boost Toungue

Separate databases every 100 or so forums sounds good Wink
Yeah, I'll probably implement a separate settings.php for each forum in it's own directory.

I'll also have to work on separate databases. That's not too high on my priorities right now, but it's on my list.

I hope to have a live demo up in the next couple of days and a beta download available within two weeks for anyone who wants to try it.

BMR777
LIVE DEMO! ***UPDATED URL***

^^New Link fixes a few bugs and security holes in the MyBB ACP^^

A live demo of this script is now online! It took me quite a while to put this together but I am finally done! (At least with the basic functionality)

Please, try out the live demo and let me know if you find any bugs.

I know it's not the best script you've ever seen, however this is, shockingly enough, the first thing I ever coded in PHP.

Some known bugs include:

- Forum access names can only be 6 or 7 characters
- Calling up a forum directory without index.php or another php file at the end of the URL causes a 404 error (this is just a matter of finding the right htaccess redirect)

Also, ZiNga BuRgA in the file I made sure to run the user input through a filter that removes all characters except for letters and numbers. Everything else is in the file itself.

I'm debating if I should release this to the public or if I should use it for my own personal use only? Who wants me to release this? If you want it, would you use it for non-profit use or for commercial use, meaning you would show ads on forums or make money?

In the future I hope to fix some of the bugs above, as well as make a simple admin panel that can delete forums. I also hope to rework the users system for signup at some point in the future.

Try out the demo and let me know if you find any other bugs.

BMR777
This is really nice great job. I haven't seen any bugs yet I'll play around with it more.

EDIT: I just found one, when you try to upload a theme you get the following:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6092 bytes) in /home/mybbtest/public_html/mybb/inc/db_mysql.php on line 612
Also when u go to the theme page it is really screwed up. Like repeats the themes A LOT.
Pages: 1 2 3