MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A 3 HTML Table News/Announcement Plugin/Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could be classed as both a question and a request really, on my old IPB 1.3 forum I had a news/announcement box with 3 tables in it, now of course there is no such plugin for mybb.

I did install the ''Importent Message'' plugin and put all my html coding into that and some of it worked fine but the rest not so good.

This is what I have,

<br>
<div class="tableborder">
<div class='maintitle' align='left'><{CAT_IMG}>&nbsp;Welcome To {ibf.vars.board_name}</div>
  <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
    <tr><td class="row4" align="center" width="25%">1st box title</td><td class="row2" align="center" width="50%">2nd box title</td><td class="row4" align="center" width="25%"><FONT COLOR="#FF3300">3rd box title</FONT>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row4" align="center" width="25%"><marquee direction="up"  scrollamount="2"  onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start()>

<b>your text for box 1 here <b>

</marquee>
</td>
<td class="row2" align="center" width="50%">

what ever text etc you wanted

</td>
      <td class="row4" align="center" width="25%">
<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="1" onmouseover=this.stop() onmouseout=this.start()>

<b><big>your text for box 3 here</big></b>
<br>

</marquee>
</td>
    </tr>

<tr>
      <td class='darkrow2' colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</div>
<br />

Can anyone turn this into a plugin of sorts where you can imput what you want into the 3 tables?, I could just change it so I could place in the mybb coding but I'd prefer not to as then to change news I'd be going into it all the time, a quick change via a plugin would work better, any idea's/thoughts/plugins welcome.

I mean even something as simple as this works,

<TABLE WIDTH="250" HEIGHT="100" BORDER="1"
<TR>
<TD ALIGN="left" VALIGN="TOP"><marquee behavior="scroll" direction="up"  scrollamount="1"> Cell 1 </marquee></TD>
<TD ALIGN="CENTER" VALIGN="TOP">Cell 2</TD>
<TD ALIGN="RIGHT" VALIGN="TOP">Cell 3</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

But if you enter a something long into the ''Cell 1'' part it just stretches the first box and makes the other 2 smaller.