MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums on subdomain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do I have to transfer the forums database from its actual directory (mydomain.com/forums) to the subdomain (forums.mydomain.com), or should I just have the index.htm of the subdomain redirect to the mydomain.com/forums?
You shouldn't need to change anything relating to the database in order to change the path to your forums. If you have access to cPanel or something similar, you can probably use that to create a subdomain forums.mydomain.com (the files for which will be located at mydomain.com/forums). Then, update the Board URL and Cookie settings in the MyBB ACP.
Musicalmidget Wrote:You shouldn't need to change anything relating to the database in order to change the path to your forums. If you have access to cPanel or something similar, you can probably use that to create a subdomain forums.mydomain.com (the files for which will be located at mydomain.com/forums). Then, update the Board URL and Cookie settings in the MyBB ACP.

I have Plesk, so I created the subdomain. But whenever I change my forums URL in the ACP from mydomain.com/forums to forums.mydomain.com, the forums theme & icons don't load, only text does.

Any help? Thx.
You need to update your Board URL in the Admin CP.