MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin control panel login not recognizing my password!!!! Please help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since upgrading to the most recent version and then reverting to the previous version, nothing I do will allow me access to admin control panel, is there ANY way around this?? I did do a back up in the admin control panel prior to upgrading but even when I restore that back up from the server cpanel restore backup option there is no change, I went in to settings.php and set cookie option as stated in the sticky at the top of the forum for not being able to log in, but that did not help either, I have been wracking my brains over this everyday, all day, for a week BEFORE my first post about this here, and really need to get in!

As always, thank you for anyone who can help!

TSG!
Additional information:

I didn't want to post again and make it look like I was bumping excessively but....I started this issue three days ago and have not even gotten a hint as to what to do, I have read and tried everything in every post that falls under this issue, except for what I cannot access in the admin control panel, I think if someone could id the files I would need to edit to apply the methods described, of which I cannot do through the admin control panel it would be helpful....so is there ANY way of applying the fixes you posted, with out going in through the admin control panel????? I guess that is my major problem, there is no access to try what all the other posts suggest as fixes because I cannot not log in the admin control panel or the forum for that matter.
Please post any error messages you're getting, or screenshots of what you're seeing.
As I stated in my other replies, changing the user info from PHP My Admin, I was able to resolve all issues, thanks for saving me, I think another contributing factor was the inability to log out in every respect because it was impossible to change user unless you landed on the forum from another computer with another ip address, and I also used your fixes for logging out, I didn't catch that a few days after upgrading to 1.2.11 you released 1.2.12 so I didn't catch the in between issue that arose from the different versions, and when all was said and done, and I was able to log in to admin control panel I found that for some reason I was still 1.2.6, instead of 1.2.11 So this probably complicated things more, and for the record everyone..... http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid188292
THIS DOES FIX LOGGING OUT IN 1.2.12

Thanks once again Dennis,

TSG!