MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD/FTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Firstly thanks for any help before I get it. Smile I am installing MyBB and am having problems on CHMOD'ing the files. I know how to CHMOD, however when doing it I get an error saying the command was not understood. Any ideas on how I can solve this issue?

Thanks
Your database user has chmod permissions? I remember having a similar problem with mybb awhile back like this...could be wrong.
Yep it does. Smile I double checked.
Hi,

If you are receiving a message that your server does not support the CHMOD command, it is most likely because it is a Windows based server.

If that is the case, you don't need to CHMOD any files, run the installer and it will check the write permissions.

If files are still being marked as un-writeable via MyBB, then you may need to ask your server administrator if they're running IIS to give the IUSR_ user account write permissions to those files/folders.

Regards,
Chris
Many thanks, I'm sending them an e-mail now.
I transfered my server ,
and i have some problem for chmod ( permissions ) too .

i need all files and folder permissions ,
to change all 755 to 777 .

thank you
petti Wrote:I transfered my server ,
and i have some problem for chmod ( permissions ) too .

i need all files and folder permissions ,
to change all 755 to 777 .

thank you

[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) - You need your FTP client to do this. If you are having problems, you need to contact your webhost. We can't do anything about it on our side.