MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a quick question, I'm moving our forums to a new domain and host. I've been working on the template quite a bit and am close to being ready to transfer everything over.

Basically, what I'm asking is, using phpmyadmin, how can I move everything over without it changing the new layout I've set? I don't want any colors changed back to default. I just want posts, usernames, stats, avatars, etc. to transfer over.

Thank you kindly for any input you can provide.
nothing will change when u restore the database. to be safe make 2 backups one from phpmyadmin and 1 from cpanel
hmmm... Perhaps I wasn't clear. I've been making the changes to another installed myBB on the new hosting account. I have myBB on my current hosting account where the forum is still active. I'm moving things over to the new hosting account, but all I want to move over is the posts, avatars, etc. I don't want the changes to the board itself to revert back to the old way I had it (or the current way I have it).

Bottom line, I don't want to have to go and issue the changes to color, header, footer, etc. that I have on the new forum all over again.
save the theme and after u import the database import the theme. Its the easiest way than importing parts of the database
hmmm... sounds feasible. Thank you.