MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB License Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a question about the MyBB license, particularly this part:

Quote:Separation of Components

The MyBB software is licensed as a single product. Components, parts or any code may not be separated from the original MyBB package for either personal use or inclusion in other applications.

I have been working on a MyBB multiforums script that includes modified versions of some MyBB files, such as config.php, settings.php, init.php as well as some admin cp files that have been modified.

I was planning on releasing this script and I am wondering if including these certain modified MyBB files along with the script would be in violation of the license or not? The files, as they are currently coded will still only work when added to a valid copy of MyBB, ie they are not a part of a standalone application, they still need MyBB to run. I would, of course, include the MyBB license with my script as required by the license agreement.

Any help would be appreciated.
BMR777
It's fine, I think.

But wait for Chris' approval. Smile
I'm pretty sure that's fine. Just note that we won't provide any support for those modified scripts
Ok, cool. Thanks.