MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MyBB Multiforums [UPDATED 5/14/08]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yes, if you want to place ads on the forums simply edit the templates with the ad code on the master forum before you install my multiforums script. For instance, see FreeMyBB.com where I have the "Hosted by WebringAmerica" at the bottom of every template.

Note that there is a $10 one time licensing charge if you wish to use this script commercially. Of course the MyBB files do not fall under this, however the Admin CP and mkforum.php files do fall under this license agreement.

BMR777
:o - Fees? :'(

and so you need to edit each template with the advertisement right?
Yes, edit each template with the ad code. You can put the code in the header, footer, wherever you want it.

The fee is only for commercial use, for non-commercial use it is free.
Ok, so here's an update. I am working on a new version. Features in green have been implemented and features in blue are very possible.

• [BUGFIX] - Forums no longer require index.php in directory to appear
  • Feature - Send email to forum admin on creation
  • Feature - Prune forums that still use default password

It should be fully possible to upgrade from the current version to the new version. Anyone else have any other feature requests?

Anyone actually using this? I've gotten a few downloads on my site but otherwise it's pretty dead.

Also, the live demo has been moved to:
http://www.becomeaforumhost.com/mbb4/create/

(My other domain name expired)

As always, to download visit: http://www.webringamerica.com/mybbmf/

BMR777
so users/admins cant create their own themes on the hosted forums????
Nope... Sadly. When this gets far enough, I could try and make a mod for it (and when I get far enough in PHP) to be like Invision Free... Where the templating system is based on a couple of fields for CSS and HTML.
The admins are free to modify any existing theme, but not create a new theme. I had to disable a few theme options because they would throw strange error messages when running in a multiforums environment. It's weird though because I didn't even touch the theme features in the MyBB code and things still didn't work.

I'll have to look into this for a future release.
BMR777
I have just released a new version.

New Features Include:
  • BUGFIX for the index.php bug, forums can now be viewed without using index.php
  • Forum admins can now receive an email with their login details
  • Forum Host can now Mass Email all forums.

You can download the new version at:
http://www.webringamerica.com/mybbmf/sho...php?tid=12

Enjoy!
BMR777
Niiice! I don't see much activity (user-wise and not development-wise) on this, unfortunately Sad...
New version available!

New Features:
  • Forum Host can now add new themes to hosted forums AFTER script installation
  • Nicer looking signup pages added
  • Fewer installation steps

Demo Link

Download Link

Now that it is easier to install I hope to see some of you using it. Let me know what you think of this release.

BMR777
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9